Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 15, 2014

I don't think I mentioned copying Kristine's 12 months of racing idea, but I am, and today was March's race. She and I did the Orebred Sugar Shack 5k in Dekalb. Only 3 people, including us, showed up. I felt pretty bad for the people who organized it, that can't be a good feeling. Although, it does make me glad that we went. So we had a wet (it's warm 33 degrees and slushy and snowing) 3.1 miles. The road makes for some nice short and steep hills and it was a dirt road. It was a slow 35 minutes, but we chatted the whole time and had fun. I still felt off from being sick, gassy and had a good side stitch going on. I'd actually like to go back and run there sometime this year once it isn't so wet out. The sugar shack had a ton of things for sale, I was surprised. Lots of syrup, candies and other treats. I will try and remember to head back out there soon. We got these sweet t-shirts too!


I know I just offically started this 12 months of racing, but, I just ran a race a couple weeks ago in Ogdensburg, The Lion's Club Polar Bear 5k. I came in 2nd place female and 4th place overall not bad. Ran that one in 27 minutes :) Here is the shirt from that race!



Now, it's been a couple days since I've blogged because I have been sick with a little bug. I was throwing up in the night and then just felt crappy and so I haven't ran. But here is the rest of today's run down.


Today's diet... embarassing. Tomorrow is a new day right?

breakfast
girls scout cookies... yeah so good and yet so bad

lunch
yogurt with granola
1/4 cup coffee

dinner
pizza logs w/sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment