Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March 12, 2014

First thing this morning I took advantage of my little guy sleeping in and registered for 2 more races! I didn't want to register too early in case I was pregnant, but as right now I'm not so I figure I'm in the clear for running through September at least! The Flower City 1/2 Marathon in Rochester, NY on April 27. We are going to be in Rochester that weekend, so that worked out nicely. Now, to break it to my husband haha! I also put in my registration for the 18.12 Challenge. I ran it last year and it was pretty awesome! It was my first big race, and I finished with a friend whom I met up with on the road during the race, I caught up with her. We definitely pushed each other at the end. Anyway, they cap the race at 812 runners, and although it didn't fill up last year, I was worried that it might and wanted to register soon so I didn't have to worry about it. I've got a nice and easy 4 miles planned for tonight.

workout
adding a little cross training in with zumba tonight, with some of my favorite ladies! I LOVE zumba! I'm ready to do 1000000000 squats and lots of arm circles :) Zumba was great, I had lots of energy. She showed us a new routine she did after class and it's a leg/quad burner for sure, can't wait to do it during class.

General Health
I started off today feeling pretty good, I was worried I'd be really sore, but, I just have some back pain, and a little tightness in my IT bands. I'm glad I foam rolled right after both runs yesterday. I also stretched pretty well last night.

breakfast
pink lady apple

snacks
tortilla chips with melted cheese and salsa
3 musketeers fun sized

lunch
quick hummus salad
3 bites of pancake w/syrup and butter (the healthy pancakes!)
1/2 cup coffee

dinner
salad with tomato, jalapeno, cheese, black olives, onion and italian dressing, my husband surprised me :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. It will be so much easier for me to sign up for every race you sign up for ;) JK :) But I really do love it :)

    ReplyDelete