Sunday, March 9, 2014

March 9, 2014

Today's 16 mile run:

It was 23 degrees and quite windy. I ran from my house up to the Taylor Road, to the Eel Weir Road, to the McGowan Road where I stopped for a snack and pee break at mom and dad's house. From there I went down the Eel Weir Road, to 812, onto the Moreland Road where I got a call from my husband. Our baby's temperature was rising again and the other two were being a handful, could I please come home and help out? So I called for a ride and went home, 10 miles in (1:44:47). I plan on running the other 6 miles tonight once the little ones are in bed. It was chilly running with the wind on one side, but not too bad. I still had to pull my face mask up most of the time. I wore my knee high smartwool socks, one pair of brooks tights, a tank, my thin shirt with the breathable turtle neck, a long sleeve black thick workout shirt, and a bright colored tech t-shirt on top, I also wore a headband and a basball cap (my in training for the Buffalo Marathon one). I was definitely warm enough, just my face got a little chilly. Mile 3 was my slowest at 11:08 which is probably because I was running into the wind at that point. Average pace was 10:28, which is on the slow side for me, but, I was anticipating a longer run. About mile 6 i started feeling some tighness in my hamstrings and my back started to ache a little, nothing painful enough to stop though.

A couple hours after I've finished, I've had dinner too, my stomach is hurting. Not too badly, I would say almost like I've over eaten, but I certaintly haven't. Not sure what is going on there.

I ended up with a super clingy baby all night (even during the night, he slept right on my chest), so I did not finish my run. I will see how today goes and try and do 16 tonight.


General Health

Today I have moderate lower back pain in my sciatic joint. Picking up heavy things, and especially putting them down, or just reaching down in general hurts quite a bit. I went to the Chiropractor last Monday and it looks like I'll be headed there again this week. I will probably end up taking 2 Alieve before my run today.

A bit congested with a cough. This has been lingering for a week or so.

8 hours of sleep last night, with an interruption at 3am to administer some medicine to our sick little 2 year old, who is now on day 9 of fever :(


Breakfast:
Larabar, apple pie
2 hard boiled eggs w/celtic sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 cup black coffee veranda

snacks
10 tortilla chips
mixed nuts (peanuts, almonds, pistachios, sea salt, peanut/cottonseed oil
fueled with Larabar on my run
1 serving chocolate milk
1/2 cup black coffee
blue and red sour patch kids... thanks husband for bringing those home :/

lunch
large salad (full dinner plate): spinach, red inca quinoa, broccoli, mixed types of tomato, baslamic vinegar dressing.

Dinner
approx 1 cup of organic whole milk yogurt with grapes, granola, dried cranberries and chia seeds
carrots and roasted red pepper hummus

water
68 oz water

Vitamins:
Garlic - 10mg
Calcium with Vitamin D3 - Calcium 1200 mg, Vitamin D 1600IU
Super Omega 3 - Fish Oil Concentrate 788mg, Total Omerga-3 540mg
Osteo Bi-Flex - Glucosamine HCI 1500mg, Joint Shield 1288 mg
Prenatal - Vitamin A 4000IU, Vitamin C 120mg, Vitamin D 400 IU, Vitamin E 30IU, Thiamin 1.8mg, Riboflavin 1.7mg, Niacin 20mg, Vitamin B6 2.6mg, Folic Acid 800mcg, Vatimin B-12 8mcg, Calcium 200mg, Iron 28mg, Zinc 25 mg.
Vitamin Code Raw B Complex - Thiamin 5mg, Riboflavin 10mg, Niacin 45mg, Vitamin B6 10mg, Folate 450mcg, Vitamin B12 133 mcg, Biotin 325 mcg, Pantothenic Acid 45mg, Inositol 26 mg, Choline 26 mg, PABA 5mg, RAW Probiotic and Enzyme Blend 100mg, RAW Organic Fuit and Vegtable Blend 20mg

No comments:

Post a Comment