Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 8, 2014

Ran a nice and easy 4.9 miles yesterday. Have a little bit of shin splints today, could be my new shoes that I ran the 20 miler in, Brooks Ghost. These shoes just seem to be just shy of perfect for me, I was lucky before when the first real pair of running shoes I tried I loved. Now I'm just not quite there and my pair was discontinued :( Anyway... was planning on 10 but had 4 on the calander so I did more than I needed to. Kristine was out on her longest run to date on what started out at 55 degrees and finished off at 37 and raining, so I brought her some gear and water and then went home put my kids to bed and ran out to meet her and help her finish her 16 miles. She was in pain and boy do I know the feeling. I hope being there helped her and that I wasn't annoying with all my trying to take her mind off it bit. I am so proud of the both of us. Mommies that were chunky monkies last winter (2013) and that are buff hotties this spring! And, in the spirit of transformation Tuesday here is mine!


Last January I weighed 184.4, this April I'm in the lower 140's :) Hard work right there!



weekly miles: 24.91
April miles: 49.37
2014 miles: 253.16

1 comment:

  1. YOWZA What a difference! :) Great job and I think I might have died if you didn't come back and run with me :)

    ReplyDelete