Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 22, 2014

So April 20, my attempt at 20 miles was LAUGHABLE. I knew 5 minutes into the run I'd never make it. I had no energy, just felt like my legs had nothing to give. So I decided to switch my run and finished 4 miles for Monday and would try 20 on Monday for Sunday. Confused yet? So then yesterday (Monday) I went out to run 20. At about mile 13 I started to feel lousy, my stomach hurt :( I got back to my house just after mile 16 hit and I really didn't think I'd have time to finish 4 more miles, take a little rest, make dinner, and then still make it to zumba. So, I quit at 16, rested, rinsed off and made dinner. Then I went to zumba, my knees where definitely a bit sore. After zumba I put the kids to bed and pounded out 4 more miles, and they were quick and easy, felt like I had been resting for a week. I had no real IT band pain yesterday. I had a little back pain and some sore and tight hamstrings. I just have to keep remembering to stretch!!! 5 days until the Flower City 1/2 Marathon in Rochester, aiming at a time of 2:10, but less would be better! We will see how I'm feeling, you never know when you are travelling and sleeping in a hotel room with 3 kids!

weekly miles: 24.4
april miles: 133.29 (um yeah, crushed every month I've ever done, those 20 mile runs sure help!)
2014 miles: 337.07

No comments:

Post a Comment