Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April 29, 2014

I'm happy to announce baby and mommy's first race together happened yesterday and we did great! (I just found out I'm 4 weeks pregnant a few days ago!)

In preparation for the Flower City 1/2 Marathon in Rochester, NY, I took 3 days off right before hand to act as a mini taper week (since I can't really afford to taper!). It was a good plan! It was a little chilly on race day (April 27) so I wore cropped tights, a tank, and a pullover 1/2 zip with arm sleeves under it. I actually felt comfortably dressed the whole time; I was worried that the arm sleeves would make me too hot! I was aiming for under 2 hours and I pushed pretty well, I did stop and walk at a few of the water stations for a tiny bit, and I did stop to wait for a potty and then changed my mind. A couple times I felt myself slow from pace but I grabbed back on. I finished in 2:04:07 just shy of my goal. BUT, I still shaved 18 minutes off my 1/2 marathon time from 6 months ago so I'll take it :) It was a really nice course, some great hills, lots of things to look at. I even ran by our hotel and could see my little people looking out the window!! Lots of people were cheering everyone on. And, I'm happy that I finished in the middle of all the runners instead of toward the end, it's a great feeling. Last year I was constantly dissapointed that I was toward the end every time. Looks like all the extra miles and speedwork are paying off!


Last night I did an easy 5 mile recovery run, I was definitely a little sore and tight. I'll have to stretch out really well today.

Weekly miles: 18.59
April miles: 156.88
2014 miles: 360.66

No comments:

Post a Comment