Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7, 2014

Finally.

Finally, I've been back running regularly this week. Mainly I wanted to start fresh and serious in July and I think I did! I've ran 28.2 miles in the last 7 days; not to shabby. Yesterday I ran my first ever trail run and it was amazing! I did the Independence Day Star Spangled Banner 1/2 Marathon at Paul Smith's College with Kristine. It was so much fun that I kept catching myself with a huge smile on my face and even laughing aloud. It was definitely challenging as I'm not used to running on anything except roads and the ocassional gravel, but, I think that's part of why I enjoyed myself so much. I forgot how much I love going to the mountains and just being outside. It was a perfect day, just shy of 80 degrees with a solid breeze. Most of the race was under cover of the trees so it never got brutally hot. I finished much slower than my PR of 2:04 by coming in at around 3 hours, I'll have to check and see if they ever posted offical times. Some of the other runners looked like they were born on the mountain. I got passed by 3 marathon runners that bounded by me like deer, never seeming to lose their footing. I am thankful that I didn't fall or get any injuries although it was close a couple of times! I would do another in a heartbeat!!


No comments:

Post a Comment