Wednesday, August 13, 2014

August 13, 2014 Donate for Life 5k, Summer Sunset Series #3





Pretty sure there is no chance I will hit 300 miles now lol. The weather has been super sucky, and I've been feeling super lazy. I'm still streaking though and still doing some local races. Saturday I ran the Donate for Life 5k in Massena finishing in 26:04. It ended up being pretty hot out and I ran the wrong way and had to turn around LOL. I came in 2nd place overall for women, with a friend, Nicole Thornhill finishing first. The race was in honor of Shep Lapage (State Trooper) who has leukemia and people were invited to register as bone marrow donors. I've been meaning to do it for a while, and missed my chance a month or so ago in Ogdensburg, so I'm proud to say I'm now a registered bone marrow donor! Then last night was the final race in the Summer Sunset Series in Canton, NY. I don't know what it is about this race that brings on the rain, but, it was raining hard during the whole thing last night. And, it was fairly dark! Since it was raining I couldn't wear my glasses so that was really fun haha! I finished in 27:04, having to tie my shoe and not being able to see well, I'll take it!

streak days: 32 (after I run today)
august miles: 73.91
2014 miles: 679.05





No comments:

Post a Comment