Sunday, December 21, 2014

November 2014 - Hobble Gobble & Turkey Trot

So yep, I've been really bad about blogging!   Still running and I have completed my year or racing one race per month.  In November I ran two races, the Hobble Gobble 6 miler and the Turkey Trot 5k.


Hobble Gobble
Well it was a freaking cold day and I was sick.  I had a temperature of 102 and felt like barfing ever second. Buuuut well I just can't stay home and rest!  LOL! So I went and ran and then left directly after eating a bagel.  I had barely eaten anything and I did ok for the first 4.5 miles and then I felt like death and my pace dropped a lot. But, I finished! And, I got a medal and a cool shirt :). I actually ran with Molly Ladouceur and Chelsea Bill for much of the race.  Chelsea ended up falling behind while Molly pulled ahead in the last leg.



Turkey Trot

This race starts right in my town and the cost is simply a donation to the local food bank.  So I brought my donation to the Fire Hall (.3 miles from my house), but I had the times wrong and showed up an hour early. So I went back home and waited a bit before heading back.  It was another cold day, of course... November in NY and all that.  But I ran pretty well and finished about 5th overall of the women. It was definitely fun :)


No comments:

Post a Comment