Friday, September 19, 2014

Sept 19, 2014 Fobare's Fruits' 5k

Sunday the 14 I ran in the Fobare's Fruits' 5k Cancer walk/run (and I measured it and it was only 2.5 miles). Anyway, this year I gave my shirt to kellen, last year I gave it to Addison. It was freezing, and it was last year too. I finished in 1st place overall, woot woot!! I don't know how many people there were actaully serious runners or whatever but yep, I won!

In other news I've starting doing cross fit a couple times a week. And, I don't know what I did yesterday but we did 3 sets of 1/2 mile run, 15 overhead squats, 15 pull ups and now my right forearm and thumb are all tingly (like the "asleep" feeling you get sometimes). It's been like this for amost 24 hours, yep that's not normal. I'm not really sure what to do about it though. I really like it so far, I want to get stronger and I'm hoping the cross training will improve my speed and endurance with running. My next big running goal is an under 20 minute 5k which would be under 6.5 minute miles. I understand this is going to take some time, possibly a whole year, as that is shaving a minute per mile off my best 5k time.

Next weekend is our Ragnar Relay! Squee I'm so excited, I really hope it doesn't suck, haha!

2014 Miles: 753.49

No comments:

Post a Comment